Publisher's summary Edit
This is the city: a technological paradise built by an advanced race. Its glittering towers reach proudly for the stars, and its spires are looped by elevated roadways.
The people that lived here were enlightened and contented. They travelled in bubble-topped saucer cars, along moving pavements or in anti-gravity tubes. Obedient robots tended to their every whim. Disease, war, famine and pollution had been eradicated. Food machines synthesised all essential nutrients into pill form, and personal rocket ships brought the solar system within reach. The people of the city befriended Venusians and Martians alike.
The city is self-cleansing. Its systems harness solar power and static electricity. Its buildings are constructed from a metal that will never rust or tarnish. It will stand forever as a monument to the achievements of the human race.
This is Earth. The year is 2000 AD. This is your future.
Welcome to the Space Age.
- Eighth Doctor
- Fitz Kreiner
- Alec Redshaw
- Gillian Davis
- Rick McBride
- Sandra McBride
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor carries a metal comb and a silver yo-yo in his pockets.
Drugs and medicines Edit
- Fitz still carries cigarettes in his pocket.
- The year is perceived by those within the city as 2019, but it is questionable if this is really the year.
- The City is built on a nameless asteroid in what transpires to be the year 3012 AD
- The Doctor defeats the Maker's supercomputer using the riddle he used on BOSS in TV: The Green Death and his Nelly the pink elephant riddle from TV: Destiny of the Daleks. He comments that such tricks never seem to work anymore. (PROSE: Frontier Worlds)
- The Doctor recalls meeting Fitz in 1963. (PROSE: [[w:c:tardis:The Taint (novel)|]])
- The Doctor mentions Macra. (TV: The Macra Terror)
- Fitz mentions his time spent in Mechta. (PROSE: Parallel 59)